As part of providing exceptional dental hygiene care, our hygienists may:
- Complete oral health assessments that include a review of your health history, screen for oral cancers, record gum health and signs of gum loss (recession).
- Take and interpret xrays
- Remove plaque and calculus (tartar) from above and below the gumline
- Apply agents to the teeth to protect against cavities (such as fluoride and dental sealants)
- Provide topical and/or local anesthetics if any treatment is uncomfortable
- Show you oral hygiene techniques to improve your home-care to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums